BIM (Building Information Modeling) has become one of the most relevant tools for developing architectural projects. This course introduces students to Archicad 20.0, providing an essential understanding of the main features of the software application and an overview of how BIM works.
This course is an introduction to the main tools and techniques used in Archicad related to modeling and layout presentation. The content is organised according to four main topics: interface and work environment, modeling, 2D&3D views and documentation. The course will provide a solid starting block to use the software confidently and effectively.
A small project will be drawn throughout the course in order to explore the topics each week.
- Week 1 - Interface and work environment includes basic settings to start a project, toolbars and palettes, visual aids and navigation through the project.
- Week 2 - Modelling includes model organisation, use of common tools and library objects.
- Week 3 - 2D&3D views includes views, workflow and basic rendering.
- Week 4 - Documentation includes creating and publishing presentation layouts.
By the end of the course, you will have the ability to:
- The BIM concept and how it works with Archicad.
- How to start a project and organise its information from inception.
- Basic tools and techniques for 3D modeling in Archicad.
- How to explore, create visuals and layouts from the model.
Dates: 21.10.17 - 11.11.17
Day: Saturday, 11.00 - 17.00
Duration: One day a week for 4 weeks